The personal information we collect about you varies depending on your interactions with us, such as when you use our products or services as an authorised user or visit our websites.
We will collect personal information from a variety of sources, including from you directly (e.g. when you contact us), automatically (e.g. your IP address) and from other sources (e.g. social media sites).
We use information we collect about you primarily to provide our services/products to you, and we must have a legal basis to process your personal information, such as to fulfil our contractual obligations to you or to meet our legitimate interests.
We will share information about you with third-parties, such as service providers and law enforcement agencies, when you use our products or services.
Subject to local law, you have certain rights relating to your personal information, including the right to access and erase your information.
You can manage and adjust your settings regarding marketing communications you receive from us and cookies.
We take certain technical, organisational and physical security measures to help protect the information we receive.
We may retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time after our relationship with you has ended.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
Your personal information may be transferred globally in accordance with appropriate safeguards.
Covers our collection, use and disclosure of personal information that we collect through our Platforms. The use of information collected through our service is limited to the purpose of providing the service for which our customer has engaged Crownpeak.
You can contact us if you would like to exercise your rights, or if you have any questions or concerns.
We may update the policy from time to time and will notify you if we make any material changes to how we process your information.
1. Our processing activities Top
- Use our products and services (e.g. Crownpeak Digital Governance (DG), Digital Experience Management (DXM) and Digital Quality Management (DQM) platforms) (collectively, the "Platforms") as an authorized user (e.g., an employee of one of our customers who provided you with access to our products);
- Receive communications from us, including emails, etc.
- Visit our offices;
- Register for, attend and/or otherwise take part in our events or webinars; and
- Participate in the Crownpeak community.
- Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow you to be identified.
2. Types of information we collect Top
2.1 Information we collect directly from you Top
The information that we collect directly from you includes the following:
(a) personal details (e.g. name, job description, title);
(b) contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number and the content of any correspondence between you and us);
(c) authentication details (e.g. user identification number, username, password to access the services); and
(d) profile information (e.g. information that you add to any profile that you create through our website or the Platforms.
2.2 Information we collect automatically Top
We also collect information about you automatically. For example, if you visit our website and Platforms, we collect your IP address, your URL address (uniform resource identifier), your domain name, your browser type, your operating system, your internet service provider, the pages you view, the duration of your visit, and the pages you view immediately before and after you access the website/Platform. If you are referred to our website via a third party we will determine the referring site (e.g. an ad, a search engine, or media piece). We also collect from your IP address geographic location information. We may store these in log files and combine it with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve and enable services we offer you, marketing, analytics, product functionality, and website functionality.
2.3 Information we collect from other sources Top
We may collect information about you from third-parties (i.e., social media) and retain only for the minimum amount of time required by law. The following are examples of the categories of information we may collect from other sources:
(a) personal details (e.g. name, role, title); and
(b) contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number);
(c) IP addresses (only for the purposes of recording consent and not associated with any online activity [e.g. website visited]) are retained for a minimal amount of time.
3. How we use the information we collect Top
We use your personal information to:
- identify you and create a profile when you register with us to use our services or Platforms;
- verify your identity when you access and use our Platforms to ensure the security of your information;
- provide customer support (e.g. if you have issues logging in or using our services);
- administer and host our events and/or webinars, which you register or attend;
- improve the services and products we offer to you to provide you and other customers with the best possible service, and make it more usable and appealing;
- perform data analytics, including creating reports to provide our partners with aggregated information about how users interact with their sites, and providing aggregated trend reports to third parties;
- deal with your enquiries and requests (e.g. following a training session or a demonstration of our products);
- send you promotional and marketing information (e.g. news, special offers) about our products and services, unless you have opted out of marketing, or if we are otherwise prevented by law from doing so;
- personalise the marketing messages we send you to make them relevant by analysing the details of the products and services you have with us to make suggestions for other products or services which we believe you will also be interested in;
- ensure that our records are kept accurate and up to date where you, your employees or contractors work on our facilities;
- defend ourselves against legal claims and/or comply with legal obligations to which we are subject (e.g. providing information to HMRC and prevent money laundering); and
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
(a) to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example to provide the services you request, and for ensuring you are able to access our premises when required. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these obligations;
(b) to comply with our legal obligations to you, for example to obtain proof of your identity to enable us to meet our fraud prevention and anti-money laundering obligations; and
(c) to meet our legitimate interests, for example, to ensure that the services function correctly with our systems. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests do not override your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For more information about the balancing test that we carry out to process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, please contact us at the details below.
4. How we share the information we collect Top
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services on our behalf, including improving functionality of our Platforms and websites, collecting information about you and assisting us with IT and social media management and data analytics. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Crownpeak group companies. Crownpeak Technology, Inc. works closely with other businesses and companies that fall under the Crownpeak group of companies. We may share your personal information with other Crownpeak group companies for marketing purposes, internal reporting, customer insights and service optimization, by way of examples.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- Restructuring. We may share your personal information during the course of business negotiations and transactions (for example, a reorganisation, merger, sale, or transfer of some or all of our assets) to the extent necessary to facilitate the restructuring. In such an event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- In the context of Crownpeak hosted events and/or webinars. We may share your personal information (e.g., name, email, job title) with our sponsors with your consent, if required by applicable law. For company-sponsored events, we may share your personal information with other attendees via a mobile app which is used to facilitate locating attendees.
5. Your rights Top
Subject to local law, you have certain additional rights regarding your personal information, including the following rights to:
- access your personal information;
- rectify the information we hold about you;
- erase your personal information;
- restrict our use of your personal information;
- object to our use of your personal information;
- not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects;
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (also known as the right to data portability);
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority; and
- withdraw any consent you have given to uses of your personal information (such as in relation to cookies or our direct marketing activities).
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Please note that we will likely require additional information from you in order to honor your requests. Your request should be directed to https://crownpeak.com/about/data-request-form.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details below .
Please note that if we have obtained or received your personal information by or on behalf of a customer and you wish exercise any of your rights under applicable data protection laws, please liaise with the relevant customer directly.
6. Email communication, advertising, and tracking preferences Top
If you no longer wish to receive marketing information from us, you can let us know by contacting us at the contact details below, or by clicking the 'unsubscribe link' or accessing the 'Change Your Preferences' link we provide in our marketing communications. Please note that this does not opt you out of receiving important business communications related to your current relationship with us, such as security information or if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance purposes.
To opt out of Cookie tracking you can opt out through each vendor as available by clicking https://l3.evidon.com/site/4957/1/1?lang=en-us .
Please note this does not opt out of being served ads altogether. You will continue to receive generic ads from Crownpeak.
We also support Do Not track browser requests, in which you inform websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked (although there is no common standard for how regulators, industry groups and technology companies have implemented this).
7. Information security and storage Top
Crownpeak Technology, Inc. has been audited and received a SOC 2 report addressing the security, confidentiality and availability of our products and services.
8. How long is information retained? Top
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes;
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law
- Comply with our legal obligations;
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims;
- Deal with any complaint regarding any of our services; or
- Any other purposes for which personal information will be retained.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the information.
9. Our commitment to children's privacy Top
Protecting the privacy of children is important to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian believes that their child has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us by using the information below, and we will use our best efforts to delete such information from our systems.
10. Where we may transfer your information Top
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
We are certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Accordingly, our privacy practices regarding the collection, use and retention of all personal information transferred from the EU and Switzerland to the U.S. are subject to this framework and are consistent with the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/list .
Crownpeak is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Crownpeak complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Company is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Crownpeak may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website located at: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint , you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
11. Information related to data collected on the Crownpeak platforms Top
Crownpeak collects information under the direction of its customers and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our customers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our customers that use our service, please contact the customer that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies solely to enable us to provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our customer.
We acknowledge that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Crownpeak's customer (the data controller). If requested to remove data by one of our customers, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
Crownpeak retains personal data we process on behalf of our customer for as long as necessary to provide services to our customer. Crownpeak will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
12. Contact us Top
Crownpeak Technology, Inc. is the controller responsible for the personal information we collect and process.
If you have general questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at this address: Crownpeak Technology, Attention: Privacy Department, 707 17th St., Floor 38, Denver, CO 80202 United States of America
13. Changes to the policy Top
[This policy was last updated June 5, 2019]
California Privacy Rights : Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and provide contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the address above.