comments powered by
Marketplace Connectors and Dashboard Widgets
- June 2014: Marketplace Connectors and Dashboard Widgets
- Connectors are a quick and direct method to leverage the Crownpeak Marketplace. Connectors can be found in the Settings Configuration page
- As an example we'll configure 2 popular connectors: Google Analytics and Facebook Insights, which can power related dashboard widgets
- Start by adding a new Google Analytics Connector.
- Select the Google Analytics icon. Follow the steps to authenticate and store your settings.
- The connector cannot edited or renamed at this point. After saving, the new connector will be displayed in the list
- Next let's add the Facebook Insights Connector.
- Select the Facebook Connector icon. Follow the steps to authenticate and store your settings.
- The new connector will be displayed in the list
- Let's go back to the dashboard, create widgets, and see the data.
- Let's create a new dashboard to add our widgets.
- First let's add the Google Analytics widget.
- And then a Demandbase widget. Note that DemandBase attaches data to Google Analytics, so we can re-use that connector and account.
- Next let's add the Facebook insights widget.
- In the Google Analytics widget, observe page view and visits and hover over a point to view details
- In the Demandbase widget, you can select the time period to view, in this case last year
- The facebook widget shows an overview of reach and social activity
- Save your new dashboard for future use